Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Are you that someone that has a positive attitude?
Are you compassionate, caring, a good listener, responsible, and trustworthy?
Do you want to make an impact in the life of someone else?
A Direct Support Professional (DSP) position offers an excellent overall job experience for those looking to start their career or wanting a second job. The DSP position is a job where you can have fun while you work. As a DSP you have the opportunity to use your positive attitude to make a big impact in the life of another person. DSPs’ will work to establish a positive and respectful relationship with each person DHI serves in their day-to-day routines within their home and community. Some things you can look forward to is supporting an individual with shopping, outdoor activities like riding a bike, daily activities such as shopping or planning appointments, medication administration, or personal care. The work setting could include an individual, group or family home environment. This role may involve transportation with your own vehicle, a company van or other public transportation to encourage the individual supported to be involved within the community.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect checks and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- DHI provides exceptional paid training.
- Offers additional training opportunities for all DSP’s to advance your career in the Human Services Field.
What we offer you:
- 401k Plan.
- Paid Holidays.
- Educational scholarships.
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Casual dress code policy.
- Flexible schedules.
- Too many more to list.
- Starting Base Pay $15.00/Hour.
- Additional $1 Weekend incentive available.