Adult Services Coordinator
The Adult Services Coordinator is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned program Group Homes. Ensuring services are delivered in a safe, healthy environment that is free from abuse and harm and in compliance with standards of excellence as set forth by the Council on Quality Leadership (CQL) and Title 19 regulations. Ensure the development and support for community life is present for consumer and encourage participation in community activities and enhance or build relationships. Demonstrates knowledge of benefit management. Furthermore this position is responsible, but not limited to, the performance of people we support and the success of program delivery, fiscal accountability of programs, and the development of new residential and community supports. Serving as an active member of a multi-discipline administrative team for the Residential Department and would provide Department coverage in the absence of the Program Services Director. Supervises multiple Residential Managers who supervise Residential Support Leaders and Staff within their individual Group Home and Qualified Program Specialist’ (QPS). The Adult Service Coordinators shares the responsibility of being the back up to the management of the Department’s Emergency Relief system. Other responsibilities including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognition and addressing complaints and resolving problems. this position requires the ability to be responsive to the demands or directions of multiple people and/or interests. Other duties assigned include rotating weekend/holiday on-call, storm team & back up cell responsibility for emergency relief system M-F. Flexibility is essential in this position.
- Provide strategic leadership within the Program Services Department and DHI through coordination of a major residential services component.
- Proactively assure quality service provision and adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, and internal and external policies.
- Manage comprehensive provision of program support, such as: hiring, training, supervising, mentoring, advocating, empower staff, accountability and responsibility, disciplinary task, progressive improvement plans, etc.
- Manage fiscal resources to provide effective and efficient program services.
- promote responsibility and accountability through utilization of various information systems and regular data analysis.
- Represent program services internally through communication and teamwork.
- Expectation of participation in team meetings, interagency meetings, and workgroups, and public relations, representing DHI as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services field.
- 2 years experience working in the Human Services field, preferably working directly with individuals with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the field of development disabilities and values consistent with DHI services.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; flexibility with schedule and job duties, and ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrate Person Centered Philosophy to meeting consumers goals.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect checks and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Developmental Disabilities (DD) Certification. Required to complete within the first 18 months of employment.
What we offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance - Single Plans covered at 100%
- Vision Insurance.
- Life and AD&D Insurance.
- 401k Plan.
- Sick and Vacation accrual.
- Educational Scholarships.
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Too many more to list.
Cover Letter and Resume must accompany application
Position will be posted until filled