Chief Human Resources Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer
Development Homes, Inc. - Grand forks, North Dakota
Development Homes, Inc., of Grand Forks, North Dakota, is looking for a Chief Human Resources Officer to join our team!
The Chief Human Resources Officer is tasked with identifying, recruiting, training and deploying a skilled team of compassionate people to accomplish the mission of the organization. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and listening to all stakeholders, the Chief Human Resources Officer plays a crucial role in helping drive the organization’s future. This is a demanding role that requires a high degree of motivation, empathy, accountability, organizational expertise, communications skills and a commitment to servant leadership.
ABOUT DEVELOPMENT HOMES, INC.:
Development Homes, Inc., located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, is committed to the provision of quality community-based support services to persons with disabilities which will enable them to maximize their individual potential and fulfill their personal dreams. We provide a variety of housing options, supportive living, and vocational services to more than 175 Grand Forks area residents. In addition to providing services, DHI also sponsors 8 locations for live gaming in the Grand Forks area (all gaming proceeds go towards the support of local communities and our clients) and three other locations in Western North Dakota.
- Being committed to a leadership philosophy in which the main goal of the leader is to serve.
Recruitment and Retention
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of DHI.
- Work with HR Recruiter and hiring managers to evaluate recruiting processes and to develop comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Continuously expand onboarding process to meet the needs of DHI employees.
- Frequently solicit employee satisfaction to minimize turnover and meet the needs of a 24/7 business operation.
- Intense focus on improving the outcomes the organization achieves by developing staff members to their full potential.
- Create and implement programs to expand knowledge and skills of employees at all levels of the company.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps, as well as develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps.
- Implement development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities.
- Work with the leadership team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the DHI.
- Oversee DHI University (leadership development training).
- Supporting an organizational culture that puts the health, safety and well-being of clients and staff first.
- Strengthen support of front-line staff, and communicate their needs to management while providing encouragement and appreciation for a job well done.
- Develop key metrics for organizational inputs and outputs.
- Monitor recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, work schedules and compliance programs.
- Measure and improve the satisfaction of all key stakeholders with the organization’s services: clients, staff, administration and the community.
- Evaluate, improve and administer policies to carefully and proactively ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and community expectations.
- Provide guidance to leadership team on HR matters, directing staff on HR functions, while also developing, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and transparency in all aspects of the job.
- Hold staff accountable and make staffing changes where necessary.
- Compensation and Benefits
- Annually review and evaluate compensation and benefits programs offered to DHI employees.
- Measure employee satisfaction of offered benefits on a continual basis.
- A passion for supporting the mission of Development Homes, Inc.
- Ability to work well with others to collaboratively drive organizational success and expand community support and participation in the organization’s mission.
- A commitment to fairness and improving the lives of others.
- High-level of experience in an HR environment with proven experience in a senior/executive level HR role.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times.
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
- Previous work experience leading a HR team for a multisite 24/7 operation.
- Availability to work various hours and weekends, as necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, non-profit admiration, health care or related fields.
- Master’s degree in HR or related field preferred
- Certified Professional (SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP) preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant HR experience.