Direct Support Professional (DSP) Awake Night
Are you up all night?
Are you able to maintain a positive attitude?
Would you like to use your time to make a difference in the life of someone else?
As an awake night DSP, you would be responsible for helping individuals start their day on a positive note. Your face would be the first one they see when they wake up and probably the last one they see before they go to bed for the night. As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you have the opportunity to use your positive attitude to make a big impact in the life of an individual supported. DSPs’ will work to establish a positive and respectful relationship with each person DHI serves in their day-to-day routines within their home or community. Whether it be assistance with daily activities such as shopping or planning appointments, medication administration, or personal care. There are always new ways for you to make a difference when you’re working as a DSP. The work setting could include an individual, group, day, or family home environment. This role may involve transportation with your own vehicle, a company van or other public transportation to encourage the individual supported to be involved within the community.
- $1 Awake night differential.
- The position typically involves working 7 days on and 7 days off.
- The position typically involves working from 10 pm to 8 am, but this will vary based upon location.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse, and neglect checks, and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
What we offer you:
- Health and dental - Single plans covered at 100%
- Life and AD&D.
- 401k Plan (4% Company Match).
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships ($22,000 awarded in 2022)
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Casual dress code policy.
- Too many more to list.
Training for success:
- DHI provides exceptional paid training.
- Offers additional training opportunities for all DSPs to advance their career in the Human Services Field.