Direct Support Professional (DSP) Sleep Night
As a Sleep night DSP you would be responsible for helping individuals start their day on a positive note. Your face would be the first one they see when they wake up and probably the last one they see before they go to bed for the night.
About the DSP position:
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you have the opportunity to use your positive attitude to make a big impact in the life of an individual supported. DSPs’ will work to establish a positive and respectful relationship with each person DHI serves in their day-to-day routines within their home or community. Whether it be assistance with daily activities such as shopping or planning appointments, medication administration, or personal care. There are always new ways for you to make a difference when you’re working as a DSP. The work setting could include an individual, group, day, or family home environment. This role may involve transportation with your own vehicle, a company van, or other public transportation to encourage the individual supported to be involved within the community.
- $7.50/hour between the times of 10p-6a.
- Regular pay at $19/hour for anything worked outside of the time frame.
- Schedules for sleep overnight DSP's vary based on location.
- Most involve working between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am.
Training for success:
- Offers additional training opportunities for all DSP’s to advance their career in the Human Services Field.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, motor vehicle report, child abuse and neglect checks, and a pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
What we offer you:
- DHI offers competitive benefits packet including: Health and dental - Single plans covered at 100%, vision, life and AD&D, for Full-time positions.
- Matched 401k.
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Casual dress code policy.
- Too many more to list.