Float Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Do you like a change of pace on a fairly regular basis?
Are you compassionate, caring, a good listener, responsible, and trustworthy?
Do you want to make an impact in the life of many people?
In the Float position you would get an opportunity to use your unique need for an ever changing work environment. As a Float you to make an impact in the lives of many different individuals supported each week. DSP (Float) will work to establish a positive and respectful relationship with each person DHI serves in their day-to-day routines within their home and community. This position you will need to be flexible and ready for fast paced environment as DSP (Float) may be contacted at any time during their shift requesting that they work at another location. This position truly gets to experience the entire world of the human services field by spending time working in nearly every environment that DHI has to offer.
- Full-time float can anticipate working from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm 5 days a week every other weekend
- Full-time float can anticipate being on call every Monday, Wednesday and every other weekend
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect checks and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- DSP Float must respond within 15 minutes and arrive to cover the shift within 30 minutes of the initial text or call.
- 1-year experience working with individuals with disabilities.
DHI provides exceptional paid training and even offers additional training opportunities for all DSP’s.
What we offer you:
DHI offers a competitive benefits package!
- Health and dental - Single plans covered at 100%, vision, life and AD&D.
- 401k Plan.
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Casual dress code policy.
- Flexible schedules.
- Too many more to list.
- Starting Base Pay $16.00/Hour.
- Additional $1 Awake Night incentive available.
- Additional $1 Weekend incentive available.