Application must be accompanied by a cover letter and resume.
Open Until Filled
Maintenance Technician will be responsible in providing maintenance upkeep and cleaning for Development Homes, Inc. corporate properties, HUD properties and rental units. There is a variety of skilled work including, operation of power and hand tools, plumbing, or carpentry. In this position you can also expect to provide maintenance ground work such as, mowing, fertilizing and chemical weed control.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safely and effectively perform maintenance task including but not limited to: operate vehicles, ladders, scaffolding, roofs and other equipment used within the maintenance facility.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Accurately perform mathematical calculations.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate assigned task to meet timelines.
- Maintain routine records including accurate time and material documentation for projects.
- Understand and carry out variety of complex instructions in an independent manner.
- Quickly and effectively diagnose maintenance and repair problems and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Meet the physical requirement to perform necessary maintenance tasks.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years experience in the maintenance, repair, and grounds keeping work.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required, but not limited to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and insurable driving record following company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of credit, criminal background, child abuse, and neglect checks and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
What we offer you:
DHI offers a competitive benefits package!
- Health and dental - Single plans are covered at 100%
- Life and AD&D.
- 401k Plan.
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships Opportunity.
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Too many more to list.