Support Services Residential Manager (RM)
Application must be accompanied with a Cover Letter and Resume.
This position requires a working knowledge of multiple programs within the Developmental Disability System that includes: Section 11 & SLA, private pay (HSS), Qualified Service Provider (QSP) and Representative Payee delegated functions by Development Homes. The Support Services Residential Manager works closely with other agencies as a representative of Development Homes to ensure support needs are met. The RM may be the sole team representative or leader because not all of the programs have a DDPM or QSP for support.
- Management of the Organization’s emergency relief pool including hiring, training, supervision, scheduling, and support (coaching and mentoring). Scheduling support through Float and Rover Staff for the Residential Department.
- RM will carry a cell M-F 8 am to 5 pm to receive phone calls regarding scheduling support needed throughout Development Homes.
- RM will respond timely to calls or texts.
- Organizational efforts will be in place to ensure a system that takes the requests and follows up on whether they can be supported.
- Schedules will be distributed monthly to other RM’s. Information will be collected on whether a shift could be filled or not or was filled by RM at the site.
- Representative Payee duties will be completed according to the organization's procedures for Financial Policy.
- Leads staff meetings providing direction, policy dissemination, and problem-solving to float emergency relief pool that fills in for all locations in the company, both residential and vocational as needed.
- Through supervision of others, ensures people are supported in a way that promotes health and safety as well as promotes the development of social and daily living skills, independence, and development of relationships and social capital within the community.
- Ensures participation in the development of Person Centered Support Plans (PCSP), including completion of assessments, service planning and implementation of objectives on a daily basis.
- Assists individuals in budgeting and management of their personal funds.
- Reviews and analyzes time-keeper and budget data to manage within the operational budget for the assigned unit while ensuring appropriate levels of staffing for individuals served.
- Provides direct support to individuals on a limited basis, and provides or arranges for emergency/on-call back-up Monday through Friday 24 hours per day.
- Responsible for supporting individuals in the attainment of their personal outcomes and dreams through the direction and management of services provided by a designated residential unit.
- Primarily responsible for the continuous daily management of a group home or individualized supported living caseload.
- Managers are responsible for ensuring proper staff ratios through interviewing and hiring, supervision, scheduling, training, performance evaluation, discipline and recognition of direct support staff.
- Provides modeling to employees in a manner that inspires and motivates through positive coaching, good communication, and daily leadership.
- Responsible to ensure a positive and respectful workplace.
- Leads staff meetings providing direction, policy dissemination, and problem-solving to staff and lead staff.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in rehabilitation counseling, special education, education, guidance, and counseling or a closely related human services field preferred.
- Must have experience working with people that have intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Supervisory experience or general supervision experience.
- Current and valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance.
- Successful completion of a criminal background, child abuse and neglect check(s), pre-employment drug test, and credit check.
- Ability to safely position/transfer 50 lbs.
- Developmental Disabilities Certification from Minot State University preferred. Required to complete within the first 18 months of employment.
What we offer you:
- Health and dental - Single plans are covered at 100%
- Life and AD&D.
- 401k Plan.
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships.
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Too many more to list.