Are you ready to be the primary point of contact for one of the largest employers in Grand Forks?
Do you have incredible organizational skills?
Do you like to be a positive motivation for all of those around you?
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide reception duties and administrative support to Development Homes, Inc. (DHI), primarily for the Business Office and the Quality Enhancement Director. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for several tasks such as answering the telephone, directing calls, data entry, filing, scheduling, coordinating meetings, ordering and dispersing supplies, coordinating ingoing and outgoing mail, and working on other special projects. This position will work with highly confidential and sensitive information. As the Administrative Assistant you will be expected to use a polite, and professional tone of voice when engaging with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Project a positive image of DHI at work and in the community.
- Track location of all staff who work in the office. Greet and assist people coming into the main office.
- Answering the telephone, directing calls to appropriate staff.
- Ensures all messages are sent to the appropriate people in a timely manner; urgent messages are given to an alternate receiver to respond.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail. Opens and closes office building. Maintains a neat, pleasant, and secure work environment.
- Provide information to new job applicants.
- Operates office machines and maintains in good working order.
- Supply and manage the production of documents and copies.
- Manages production, storage, and availability of corporate forms.
- File documents and records in neat organized fashion.
- Assists with notification and dispersal of information for all board and committee meetings.
- Prepares weekly bank deposits.
- Received and distributes faxes.
- Completes the employee newsletter on a quarterly basis.
- Fills supply orders requested by staff and orders all supplies for DHI and High Plains and transfers inventory in Great Plains software.
- Communicate relevant information to supervisor and other staff in a timely manner.
- Work together with all departments in a cooperative team effort.
- Practice confidentiality in and outside of DHI and follow HIPAA Privacy and Security policies.
- Schedules meetings and type materials as assigned.
- Provides assistance to support the Chief Financial Officer as assigned
- Provides assistance to support the Quality Enhancement Director with scanning document for electric filing, research topics, binder assembly, meeting preparation, database entry, typing, and updating documents as assigned.
- Works as a team with supervisor and other business office staff. And is designated backup for Executive Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor (Executive Assistant).
- Successful completion of high school diploma or GED.
- One year of administrative experience or a combination of training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described.
- Proficient in 2016 Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint).
- Accurately types 40-60 words per minute.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of credit, criminal background, child abuse and neglect checks and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Previous experience in developmental disability residential services preferred.
Health and dental - Single plans are covered at 100%.
Sick and vacation.
Cell phone bill discount (Verizon customers only).
Too many more to list.