Direct Professional Leader (DPL)
Development Homes, Inc. was founded under the belief that individuals with disabilities should be given the opportunity to live their best lives in the Grand Forks community. Our organization is dedicated to creating a safe and engaging environment that empowers our individuals to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. At DHI, our team of direct care staff is committed to building long-lasting relationships with those we serve by being a constant presence throughout every stage of life. Our mission is to make a positive impact on the lives of those we have the privilege to serve as partners in human growth.
Direct Professional Leader (DPL)
As a Direct Professional Leader (DPL) at Development Homes, Inc., you have a crucial role in supporting individuals with disabilities and leading a team of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). Your job is that of an assistant manager and requires strong coaching, teamwork, and professional supervision skills. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective performance of DSPs and fostering their development through continuous training and mentorship programs. Along with working closely with individuals of diverse abilities, providing personalized care and assistance that is tailored to their unique needs. More than simply providing care, you will be a beacon of support, helping individuals with disabilities advocate for their rights, pursue their passions, and confidently tackle daily tasks as a friend, mentor, and source of inspiration.
- Leadership: As a leader, inspire and motivate a dedicated team of Direct Support Professionals through positive coaching, setting a tone of excellence, and ensuring daily responsibilities are met efficiently.
- Skills Development: Actively assist in the growth and skill development of DSPs by providing ongoing training, mentorship, and constructive feedback. Foster a culture of continuous learning to support personal and professional growth.
- Team Collaboration: Promote a collaborative environment by seeking increased responsibilities and offering assistance as needed with personal cares, household tasks, and daily activities. This will help create a supportive and cohesive team dynamic.
- Varied Duties and Responsibilities: Oversee a range of responsibilities that include Food Services, Community Services, Transportation Services, and assistance with medical or community appointments. Demonstrate adaptability and a multifaceted skillset.
- Scheduling Expertise: Skillfully manage site or caseload scheduling to ensure smooth operations and optimal allocation of resources.
- Managerial Support: Provide valuable assistance to the residential manager in their absence to ensure continuity of operations and maintain high standards of care.
- On-Call Responsibilities: Be available for on-call duties via cell phone, demonstrating a commitment to the well-being and support of individuals in need.
Embrace the opportunity to learn and grow alongside a team that values your unique skills. Together, we'll build a community of support where every individual's potential is celebrated. Join us, and let's make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Any combination of training and experience demonstrating an ability to perform the duties described is preferred.
- Previous experience in DD Residential Services preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Position requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse, and neglect check, and a pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and insurable driving record following company guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits:
Direct Professional Leader (DPL): $21.67/hr.
- Additional $1 on weekends worked.
We are excited to inform you that DHI offers a comprehensive benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to our employees' health and job contentment. Our package includes 100% coverage for single health and dental plans, vision care, life insurance, a 401k plan with a 4% match, paid sick and vacation leave, educational scholarships, and an Employee Assistance Program that provides a limited number of mental health counseling sessions through The Village.