Human Resource Assistant
Application must be accompanied by a cover letter and resume.
The Human Resource Assistant will be responsible to provide assistance with clerical duties and administrative support to Development Homes, Inc. (DHI) Human Resources Department. This position will work with highly confidential and sensitive files and records and be expected to maintain integrity and confidentiality of those records. The HR Assistant is expected to be adaptable and detailed oriented with tasks assigned.
- Conduct a Job Analysis for all positions within the organization.
- Use the Job Analysis to create, update, and standardize all job descriptions throughout the organization.
- Use the Job Analysis to create, update, and standardize all job evaluations throughout the organization to include a merit based salary increase system.
- Sort, re-label, scan, and save employee files.
- File and pull employee paperwork as requested.
- Assist the Recruiter in conducting background checks for new and current employees in line with Department of Human Services Policy Issuance 10-03.
- Assist with the recruitment process by data entry of applications, performing reference checks, and onboarding.
- Conduct Gaming Background Checks.
- Conduct annual MVR checks and obtain copies of driver’s licenses as needed.
- Conduct an I9 audit and update any required, outdated information.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Assist with implementation of HRIS.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of high school diploma or GED.
- One year of human resource experience or a combination of education, training and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail Orientated and able to prioritize tasks assigned.
- Proficient in 2016 Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint).
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect checks and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Previous experience in developmental disability residential services preferred.
What we offer you:
- Health and dental - Single plans are covered at 100%.
- Life and AD&D.
- 401k Plan.
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships.
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Too many more to list.