Applications must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and Resume.
Development Homes, Inc. was founded under the belief that individuals with disabilities should be given the opportunity to live their best lives in the Grand Forks community. Our organization is dedicated to creating a safe and engaging environment that empowers our individuals to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. At DHI, our team of direct care staff is committed to building long-lasting relationships with those we serve by being a constant presence throughout every stage of life. Our mission is to make a positive impact on the lives of those we have the privilege to serve as partners in human growth.
Residential Manager for ResHab-K
As a Residential Manager (RM) at Development Homes, Inc., you have the power to shape the future of compassionate leadership and create an environment where everyone can thrive. Your role is critical in ensuring the success and well-being of your team of direct care staff while supporting individuals with disabilities. It may be challenging, but for those who thrive in dynamic environments and are dedicated to compassionate leadership, the rewards of contributing to the well-being and growth of individuals with diverse needs can be immeasurable.
- Leadership and Direction: Lead staff meetings to provide clear direction, disseminate policies, and facilitate collaborative problem-solving among team members. Model positive behavior and leadership qualities to inspire and motivate direct support staff through effective coaching and communication.
- Supervision and Staff Management: Oversee the recruitment and hiring process, ensuring proper staff ratios are maintained. Conduct regular supervision sessions, schedule staff, provide training, evaluate performance, and implement recognition programs. Foster a positive and respectful workplace culture that encourages professional growth and development.
- Individual Support: Ensure individuals are supported in a manner that prioritizes health, safety, and the development of social and daily living skills. Assist individuals in budgeting and financial management, promoting independence in financial decision-making.
- Person-Centered Support Plans (PCSP): Lead the participation in the development of Person-Centered Support Plans, ensuring daily completion of assessments, service planning, and successful implementation of objectives. Work closely with individuals to support the attainment of their outcomes and dreams.
- Operational Management: Review and analyze time-keeper and budget data, managing within the operational budget for the assigned unit. Ensure appropriate staffing levels while maintaining budgetary constraints for the individuals served.
- Community Integration: Promote the development of relationships and social capital within the community, fostering independence and meaningful connections for those under our care.
Embrace the opportunity to learn and grow alongside an organization that values your unique skills. Together, we'll build a community of support where every individual's potential is celebrated. Join us, and let's make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Post-Secondary Education preferred but not required.
- Developmental Disabilities Certification from Minot State University is preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Soft Skills: communication abilities, empathy, compassion, and patience.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities is required.
- Supervisory experience, Direct Professional Leader (DPL) experience, or general supervision experience is required.
- Availability to work Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, on-call and on shift every other weekend. Must be flexible to cover shifts outside of business hours if necessary.
- Position requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect check, and a pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and insurable driving record following company guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits:
Residential Manager: Starting wage for managerial position is $44,580 per year.
We are excited to inform you that DHI offers a comprehensive benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to our employees' health and job contentment. Our package includes 100% coverage for single health and dental plans, vision care, life insurance, a 401k plan with a 4% match, paid sick and vacation leave, educational scholarships, and an Employee Assistance Program that provides a limited number of mental health counseling sessions through The Village.