Direct Professional Leader (DPL)
Do others regularly look to you for leadership?
Are you looking to advance your career in the Human Services Field?
Do you want to make an impact in the life of someone else?
About the Direct Professional Leader (DPL) position:
The Direct Professional Leader position (DPL) is a great way to start your professional career. As a DPL you would get an opportunity to use your leadership skills to support the DHI care team of the person supported. DPLs will be responsible for the Direct Support Professional activities, developing their skills and growth through the implementation of DHI’s Competency Based Training and other ongoing training and mentoring. DPLs may have duties assigned that include Food Services, Community Services, Transportation Services, assisting with either medical or other community appointments, site or caseload scheduling, providing assistance to the residential manager in their absence, and on-call responsibilities via cell phone. What better way to take the skills you have gained, in your years of experience, than to inspire and coach the next generation of Health Care Providers!
- $1 Weekend Differential.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect check(s), and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Any combination of training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of a DPL.
- 1-year experience providing support to individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
What we offer you:
- Health and dental - Single plans are covered at 100%,
- Life and AD&D.
- 401k Plan (4% Company Match).
- Sick and vacation.
- Educational scholarships ($22,000 awarded in 2022)
- Cell phone bill discount.
- Rewarding and dynamic work environment.
- Casual dress code policy.
- Too many more to list.
Training for success:
- DHI provides exceptional paid training.
- Many of our DPLs receive training to advance their careers in the Human Services Field.
- Leadership training is offered to all DPLs to ensure that when their time is right, they are ready to take it to the next level.