Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Are you someone that has a positive attitude?
Are you compassionate, caring, a good listener, responsible, and trustworthy?
Do you want to make an impact in the life of someone else?
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you have the opportunity to use your positive attitude to make a big impact in the life of an individual supported. DSPs’ will work to establish a positive and respectful relationship with each person DHI serves in their day-to-day routines within their home or community. Whether it be assistance with daily activities such as shopping or planning appointments, medication administration, or personal care. There are always new ways for you to make a difference when you’re working as a DSP. The work setting could include an individual, group, day, or family home environment. This role may involve transportation with your own vehicle, a company van, or other public transportation to encourage the individual supported to be involved within the community.
- Additional $1 Weekend incentive available.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and completion of motor vehicle report within company guidelines.
- Requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse and neglect check(s), and pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Offers additional training opportunities for all DSPs to advance their career in the Human Services Field.
What we offer you:
- Educational scholarships ($22,000 awarded in 2022)
- Casual dress code policy.
- Flexible schedules.