Direct Support Professional (DSP) Awake Overnight
Development Homes, Inc. was founded under the belief that individuals with disabilities should be given the opportunity to live their best lives in the Grand Forks community. Our organization is dedicated to creating a safe and engaging environment that empowers our individuals to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. At DHI, our team of direct care staff is committed to building long-lasting relationships with those we serve by being a constant presence throughout every stage of life. Our mission is to make a positive impact on the lives of those we have the privilege to serve as partners in human growth.
Awake Overnight - Direct Support Professional
As an Awake Overnight - Direct Support Professional, you become the nighttime guardian, ensuring the safety and well-being of our cherished individuals with disabilities during the quiet hours of the night. While the world rests, you'll stand as a beacon of safety, offering a sense of security not only to our cherished residents but also to their families. Your watchful presence will be a steadfast source of comfort and reassurance, always prepared to respond swiftly to any needs that may arise throughout the night.
Your daily routine may vary, but there is a set of basic responsibilities that you can expect to perform on a daily basis, based on the needs of the person or people you are supporting. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Nighttime Guardian: Your attentive care will provide residents with the assurance that they are safe and protected throughout the night.
- Emergency Response: Be prepared to respond promptly and effectively to any emergencies or urgent situations.
- Safety and Security: Maintain a secure and comfortable environment, following all safety protocols.
- Medication Management: Administer medications following precise protocols and guidelines, ensuring the health and well-being of our residents.
- Detailed Documentation: Accurately record any incidents, observations, or interactions during your shift.
- Seamless Communication: Maintain open and clear communication with day-shift staff, providing updates on any overnight occurrences.
- Assist with Morning Routine: Help residents start their day with positivity and readiness, ensuring they're prepared for whatever lies ahead.
If you are excited about being a friend, mentor, and source of inspiration while safeguarding the well-being of our individuals during nighttime hours, embrace the opportunity to learn and grow alongside a team that values your unique skills. Together, we'll build a community of support where every individual's potential is celebrated. Join us, and let's make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Any combination of training and experience demonstrating an ability to perform the duties described is preferred.
- Previous experience in DD Residential Services preferred.
- This position requires working for 7 days straight, followed by 7 days off.
- Awake Overnight hours can range from 10:00 pm – 8:00 am.
- Position requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse, and neglect check, and a pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and insurable driving record following company guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits:
Direct Support Professional (DSP): $20.00/hr.
- Additional $1 on weekends worked.
- Additional $1 Awake Overnight incentive.
Awake Overnight - Direct Support Professional (DSP): $20.00/hr. between 10:00 pm-6:00 am, $19.00/hr. outside this time frame during the week, and $20.00/hr. on weekends.
We are excited to inform you that DHI offers a comprehensive benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to our employees' health and job contentment. Our package includes 100% coverage for single health and dental plans, vision care, life insurance, a 401k plan with a 4% match, paid sick and vacation leave, educational scholarships, and an Employee Assistance Program that provides a limited number of mental health counseling sessions through The Village.