Direct Support Professional (DSP) Float
Development Homes, Inc. was founded under the belief that individuals with disabilities should be given the opportunity to live their best lives in the Grand Forks community. Our organization is dedicated to creating a safe and engaging environment that empowers our individuals to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. At DHI, our team of direct care staff is committed to building long-lasting relationships with those we serve by being a constant presence throughout every stage of life. Our mission is to make a positive impact on the lives of those we have the privilege to serve as partners in human growth.
Float – Direct Support Professional
As a Float - Direct Support Professional, you will have an opportunity to work across a variety of residential settings, providing essential emergency relief support for others. You'll engage with individuals with disabilities and foster positive, respectful relationships in their day-to-day lives within their homes and communities. With a dynamic work environment and a need for flexibility, you'll always be on your toes, ready to jump in and cover open shifts at any location. By embracing the Float role, you'll gain comprehensive experience in the human services field, acquiring valuable knowledge and skills that will serve you well throughout your career.
Your daily routine may vary, but there is a set of basic responsibilities that you can expect to perform based on the needs of the person or people you are supporting. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Care Support: Offer hands-on assistance with personal hygiene routines, including activities like tooth brushing, bathing, hair care, and grooming, ensuring everyone feels comfortable and confident.
- Respectful Toileting Assistance: Provide support for individuals who need help with using the restroom or changing, always prioritizing their comfort and dignity.
- Household Management: Aid with various household tasks such as sweeping, dishwashing, trash disposal, and laundry, contributing to a tidy and organized living environment.
- Culinary Assistance: Assist in basic cooking, meal preparation, and feeding individuals in need of support.
- Medication Management: Administer medications following precise protocols and guidelines, ensuring the health and well-being of our residents.
- Detailed Documentation: Thoroughly document individuals' progress, challenges, and achievements, actively participating in training and development opportunities.
- Inclusive Social Engagement: Foster a sense of belonging by ensuring everyone is included in social activities like UND sports, Special Olympics, arts and crafts, music therapy, and Friday Night Dances within the Grand Forks community.
Embrace the opportunity to learn and grow alongside a team that values your unique skills. Together, we'll build a community of support where every individual's potential is celebrated. Join us, and let's make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Any combination of training and experience demonstrating an ability to perform the duties described is preferred.
- Previous experience in DD Residential Services preferred.
- Position requires successful completion of criminal background, child abuse, and neglect check, and a pre-employment drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Current and valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and insurable driving record following company guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits:
Float - Direct Support Professional (DSP): $20.00/hr.
- Additional $1 on weekends worked.
We are excited to inform you that DHI offers a comprehensive benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to our employees' health and job contentment. Our package includes 100% coverage for single health and dental plans, vision care, life insurance, a 401k plan with a 4% match, paid sick and vacation leave, educational scholarships, and an Employee Assistance Program that provides a limited number of mental health counseling sessions through The Village.